Actually this should have been something completely different, I was wrong about the setting of the baking frame and now this delicious chocolate mousse cake has been created.
But actually I must say, the cake tastes mega delicious and this is again the best example for my well-tried motto. Sometimes bad things happen in life, but somehow it turns to something good at the end.
Of course I am sad or angry every now and then when something bad happens to me. But I always try to say to myself, keep your head up, who knows what it was good for.
But now to the chocolate mousse cake recipe.
Ingredients for the bottom
Shape approx. 20 cm
- 3 eggs
- 5 tbsp warm water
- 80 g sugar
- 50 g flour
- 40 g cornflour
- 20 g baked cocoa
- 20 g ground hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1TL vanilla paste or one pod
- 1 pinch salt
Ingredients for the cream:
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 110 ml milk
- 50 g sugar
- 250 g cream
- 1 packet instant gelatine
Ingredients for the glaze:
- 70 g dark chocolate
- 20 g butter
- 20 g neutral oil
- For the base, first preheat the oven to 180 degrees P/U heat. Beat the eggs with the water and sugar until creamy. The vanilla can also be added. This is best done in the food processor.
- Then mix the dry ingredients and add them by the spoonful into the egg mixture. Please switch the food processor to a low setting beforehand.
- Then set your baking frame to approx. 20 cm and cover it with baking paper. Of course it can also be a springform pan. The dough should now be in the oven for about 15 minutes. “Test it with a toothpick!”
- After baking, take out the cake base and let it cool down a bit like it is. You can already remove the baking paper and put it on a nice cake plate, but leave the baking frame on it.
- For the cream, boil all the ingredients, except for the whipping cream, carefully stirring constantly. This must then cool down for some time.
- In the meantime you can whip the cream until stiff. After the chocolate mixture has cooled down, mix in the instant gelatine, stirring constantly with a whisk. Then add the cream and fill the cream onto the cake base. Smooth them out and put them in the fridge with the cake.
- For the icing, boil all the ingredients together briefly and let them cool.
- Now the cake should have cooled down and the cream should have solidified. Now add the glaze to the cream and put the cake back in the fridge. After 3-4 hours you are allowed to cut it after loosening it from the frame!
I hope you like the chocolate mousse cake recipe 😊
Have fun recreating 😉